“The Joy of Therapy is founded with a healing and joyful spirit offering highly skilled, hands-on physical therapy to kids, teens and adults with scoliosis, posture issues, muscle and joint pain using movement to restore strength and decrease pain.”
We are a private, direct access clinic. So what does that mean to you? Basically, you can come in for an evaluation and treatment for up to 30 days without a doctor’s prescription.
Once 30 days of treatment is reached, then a doctor’s prescription is required by the Florida State PT practice act. We will make every effort to obtain the prescription so there’s no hassle for you.
We can also recommend diagnostic testing (X-rays, MRI, EMG testing, etc…) if needed and will help you find the best way to get those to save you time and energy.
We will work closely with your physician to get you the best and most efficient care that you need.
Orthopedic & Neurological Conditions
- Adolescent and Adult Scoliosis
- Post surgical scoliosis
- Posture issues
- Scheuermann’s Kyphosis
- Conditions NOT solved by ‘traditional’ PT/chiropractic services
- Chronic pain conditions
- Orthopedic conditions & pain: Back / Neck / Hip / Knee / Ankle / Foot/ Shoulder
- SIJ ( sacroiliac joint pain, often described as hip or buttock pain)
- Digestive tract visceral restrictions
- TMJ (jaw) pain
The Initial Evaluation includes:
- Past medical history review
- Musculoskeletal and/or neurological evaluation
- Posture photos and walking analysis by video
- Explanation of evaluation findings
- Discussion of your goals and treatment options
- Treatment session that is hands-on
- Personalized one-on-one programs may then include:
- education about correct body mechanics and condition
- exercises to encourage efficient movement and hands-on care with manual therapy
“Physical therapists possess advanced knowledge and strategies across key domains of prevention and health promotions, such as sleep, physical activity, and nutrition, that have been shown to contribute to acute and chronic pain syndromes.”
— Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy May 2018
Call today to find out more and schedule an appointment.