“The Joy of Therapy is founded with a healing and joyful spirit offering physical therapy to kids, teens and adults with scoliosis, posture issues, muscle and joint pain using movement and breath to restore strength and decrease pain.”
We are a private, direct access clinic. So what does that mean to you? You can receive a 1:1 evaluation and treatment for up to 30 days without a doctor’s prescription.
Once 30 days of treatment is reached, then a doctor’s prescription is required by the Florida State PT practice act. We will make every effort to obtain the prescription so there’s no hassle for you.
We can also recommend diagnostic testing (X-rays, MRI, EMG testing, etc…) if needed and will help you find the best way to get those to save you time and energy.
We will work closely with your physician to get you the best and most efficient care that you need.
Orthopedic & Neurological Conditions
- Adolescent and Adult Scoliosis
- Post surgical scoliosis
- Posture issues
- Scheuermann’s or Hyper Kyphosis
- Conditions NOT solved by ‘traditional’ PT/chiropractic services
- Chronic pain conditions
- Orthopedic conditions & pain: Back / Neck / Hip / Knee / Ankle / Foot/ Shoulder
- SIJ ( sacroiliac joint pain, often described as hip or buttock pain)
- Digestive tract visceral restrictions
- TMJ (jaw) pain
- Breathing problems
The Initial Evaluation includes:
- Past medical history review
- Musculoskeletal and/or neurological evaluation
- Posture photos and walking analysis by video
- Explanation of evaluation findings
- Discussion of your goals and treatment options
Personalized one-on-one Treatment Sessions include:
- 30-60 minute sessions
- Education about your condition
- Exercise videos at your fingertips to encourage efficient movement
- Hands-on care or manual therapy
- Telehealth or virtual sessions available for out-of-town patients, vacations, and home exercise set-up
“Physical therapists possess advanced knowledge and strategies across key domains of prevention and health promotions, such as sleep, physical activity, and nutrition, that have been shown to contribute to acute and chronic pain syndromes.”
— Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy May 2018
Call today to find out more and schedule an appointment.