“The Joy of Therapy helps kids, teens and adults with scoliosis, posture issues, muscle and joint pain using movement and breath through highly skilled, hands-on and virtual physical therapy to restore strength and decrease pain.”
This is a scoliosis-specialty, private physical therapy practice offering direct access with licenses in both Florida and Georgia.
You can receive a thorough evaluation and treatments for up to 30 days in Florida and 21 days in Georgia without a doctor’s prescription.
Once the threshold of days is reached, then a doctor’s prescription is required by the Florida and/or Georgia State PT practice act. Every effort will be made to obtain the prescription so there’s no hassle for you.
We can also recommend diagnostic testing (X-rays, MRI, EMG testing, etc…)and work closely with your physician to get you the best and most efficient care that you need
- Adolescent and Adult Scoliosis
- Post surgical scoliosis
- Posture issues
- Scheuermann’s or Hyper Kyphosis
- Chronic pain conditions
- Headaches and/or TMJ (jaw) pain
The Initial Evaluation includes:
- Past medical history review including x-rays and diagnostic imaging reports
- Posture photos and walking analysis by video
- Explanation of evaluation findings
- Discussion of your goals and treatment options
Personalized one-on-one Treatment Sessions include:
- 45-60 minute sessions
- Education about your condition
- Exercise videos at your fingertips to encourage efficient movement
- Hands-on care or manual therapy
- Telehealth or virtual sessions available for out-of-town patients, vacations, and home exercise set-up
“Physical therapists possess advanced knowledge and strategies across key domains of prevention and health promotions, such as sleep, physical activity, and nutrition, that have been shown to contribute to acute and chronic pain syndromes.” –Journal of Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy May 2018
Call today to find out more and schedule an appointment by phone: (850) 765-0213 or online at your convenience