It’s gift giving time! So I’m sharing some of my “favorite things” or therapy tools that you can use in the comfort of your own home to help you feel better and stronger.
Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com
People often ask if I recommend a certain brand/product/tool and the answer is, YES!
Over the years, I have used countless therapy tools and these 7 are my current favs.
I’ve attached links where you can buy these items online for your convenience to help you ring in a Healthy New Year!
Seven DIY PHYSICAL Therapy Tools
- Occipital Float: This is now my ‘go-to’ tool for DIY neck pain relief!
It’s one that I’ve recently discovered to be extremely helpful for self upper neck mobilizations. . “Lightweight, portable device designed to provide smooth cervical range-of-motion exercises. Specially designed air bladder allows unrestricted range of the occiput; it accommodates all head sizes and can be adjusted for comfort by inflating or deflating. Ideal for post-cervical whiplash, myofascial, and osseous cervical problems. Latex-free.” – OPTP
Visit Amazon for Occipital Float by OPTP.
- Tommie Copper Compression Sleeves: If you need support for your back, ankle, knee or shoulder, the Tommie Copper brand of products is my top choice for joint support.The fabric, choice in products and price points are unbeatable, plus the healing properties of Copper give that extra benefit.
“When you’re dealing with pain, “good” just doesn’t cut it. We go above and beyond to ensure everything we do completely wows you. We want you to feel great – all day, at work, sport, rest and play.”- Tommie Copper
Tommie Copper Lumbar can be purchased at Amazon.
- Serious Steel Bands: The green and gray bands are perfect for doing the semi-hang exercises to assist with posture elongation, plus they work well for assisted pull-ups.
Serious Steel Bands found on Amazon.
- Biofreeze Spray: This is ideal for a painful ankle sprain, knee, shoulder or back injury that’s hard to reach. You don’t have to touch it , thus avoiding that accidental rubbing of your eye…ouch!
“Biofreeze 3 oz. 360° aerosal spray features the best spray technology available in the market with continuous flow even when upside down, making it easy to apply .Unique cooling menthol formula is backed by science and research-proven to deliver fast acting, long lasting and deep penetrating pain relief for sore muscles, backaches, sore joints, and arthritis.”- Biofreeze
Biofreeze Spray can be purchased here at Target.
- The Breather: A fantastic tool to help enhance your breathing, which if you are my patient, then you know that: Breathing = Pressure= Strength.
“THE ONLY RMT DEVICE FEATURING INDEPENDENT INSPIRATORY/EXPIRATORY DIAL CONTROL | The Breather functions as both an inspiratory muscle trainer and expiratory muscle trainer with adjustable dials for independent resistance settings for inhalation and exhalation, making it the ULTIMATE device for respiratory care. Think of it as a lung trainer, supporting respiratory health and efficiency by promoting diaphragmatic (belly) breathing.
A GYM FOR YOUR LUNGS | The Breather Fit is an inspiratory muscle trainer that helps train your lungs to improve oxygen flow to your body. Oxygen training can help improve overall physical performance and give you an advantage over your competition.”- The Breather
The Breather/ The Breather Fit found here on Amazon.
- Magnesium Oil Spray: A quick and easy way to take the edge off of feeling fatigued, weak or sluggish.
Simply spray on where you are feeling achy or onto the palms or soles of your feet for an all -over ‘pick-me-up”.
A good portion of the soil that our food is grown in is depleted of magnesium which is necessary for energy production. Early signs of magnesium deficiency include loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, and weakness. As magnesium deficiency worsens, numbness, tingling, muscle contractions and cramps, seizures, personality changes, abnormal heart rhythms, and coronary spasms can occur.
Magnesium Oil Spray found here at Amazon.
- Cold Pack (neck contour): This size works for most injuries/aches/pains and is durable
“Patented design of the Chattanooga ColPac gently delivers soothing cold therapy and stays pliable. Provides instant pain relief to treat fever, bruises, sprains, strains, and helps to manage swelling. Each cold therapy pack is latex-free and is filled with non-toxic silica gel, so it’s safe for all ages to use.
Simply apply immediately after an injury to control the inflammation of soft tissue.
Delivers up to 30 minutes of soothing relief.”- Chattanoga Colpac
Colpac can be purchased using this link to Amazon.
So there you have it! My favorite therapy tools to help you feel better and stronger.
Get those fingers tapping and make your purchases today!
Note: I do not represent or receive compensation from any of these brands