You may be asking yourself, well what does this have to do with me? If you have had traditional physical therapy elsewhere, I truly do hope that you had a positive outcome.
But if it was just ‘ok’ then maybe it was because the therapist put you on exercise machines, watched you do exercises or put a hot or cold pack on you while simultaneously treating other patients.
And never once put their hands on your ache and pain.
Your therapist should be TOUCHING the part of your body that hurts! Not simply looking at it and prescribing exercises.
- Manual Therapy Techniques are skilled hand movements of joints and soft tissue that are intended to increase range of motion, induce relaxation, mobilize or manipulate soft tissue and joints, decrease pain and reduce soft tissue swelling, inflammation, or restriction.
- Manual Therapy Techniques may include manual traction, massage, mobilization/manipulation, and passive range of motion.
- Manual Therapy should not leave a bruise or be painful after 24 hours of treatment.
- Manual Therapy is one on one treatment with just you and the therapist. It is not a group activity and certainly not to be done while the therapist is treating another patient.
- Manual Therapy can reduce or eliminate nerve pain in your arm or leg
So if this speaks to you and you have physical pain that needs to be effectively addressed by a physical therapist, then contact the Joy of Therapy today to experience quality manual therapy that works just for you!